Zippered accordion coin pocket "ADD-ON" to the Classic Zip around wallet, Mini Classic Zip around wallet, and any suitable wallet patterns. BONUS FUN VIDEO TUTORIAL PROJECT
THIS IS NOT A FULL PATTERN BUT AN ADD-ON PATTERN
This pattern is an “ADD ON” to the original Classic zip around wallet, Mini Classic zip around wallet or other suitable wallet patterns
PLEASE NOTE: Since this pattern is a digital download, once an order has been placed, it cannot be refunded.
The following pattern contains the instructions to “add-on” a zippered accordion coin pocket to most wallet patterns. This is not a full wallet pattern, and can only be added to a wallet that is being constructed and cannot be added to a finished wallet.
There are two zipper sizes available, one for a standard wallet - 6” wide, and one for a mini version - 3½” wide.
The instructions in this pattern are written for leather, vinyl, and cork, and not recommended for fabric as there is edge painting, and fabric may still fray after painted.
The skill level is listed as Experienced Beginner
What you need:
Wallet pattern from your favorite pattern selections
Standard size pocket - 6”
- #3 zipper - 7” finished zipper or 7” of #3 zipper tape and matching pull
- Lining fabric - 7” W x 6½” L
- Fusible interfacing(light to medium weight) - 7”W x 6½”L
- Decovil lite - this piece will be dependent on the wallet pattern you are using, and may not be required at all if adding this pocket to the Classic Zip Around Wallet© by Maggy55
- Matching edge paint
Mini size pocket - 3½”
- #3 zipper - 4” finished zipper or 4” of #3 zipper tape and matching pull
- Lining fabric - 5” W x 6” L
- Fusible interfacing(light to medium weight) - 5”W x 6”L
- Decovil lite - this piece will be dependent on the wallet pattern you are using, and may not be required at all if adding this pocket to the Mini Classic Zip Around Wallet© by Maggy55
- Matching edge paint
- Bonded nylon thread #69 OR bonded polyester, regular polyester can also be used it just may not stand out as much.
- Chalk marker/silver pen (Tandy leather)
- Regular pen or pencil
- Rotary cutter & ruler, and self-healing mat
- Fabric glue (most brands will do that state “use for fabric”- water-based is best)
- ¼” DST (double-sided tape)
- Teflon foot, zipper foot, and edge foot (optional)
- Sewing machine
- 4” darning needle
- Complimentary Edge paint
- Wooden skewer