Journey Travel Bag
PLEASE NOTE: Since this pattern is a digital download, once an order has been placed, it cannot be refunded.
Journey travel bag PDF sewing pattern
This is a pdf sewing pattern for the fabulous "Journey" travel bag. The pdf includes all instructions and pattern pieces featuring over 250 pictures, and 67 pages of detailed instructions. The pattern is written fo vinyl or fabric with a special leather addendum section at the end. There are also video tutorials to help you achieve the perfect bag.
18” W x 14 1/2” H x 6”D
Journey is the perfect travel companion for all those great travel getaways. This soft sided, lightweight yet stylish bag offers many great features for your travelling requirements. There are two exterior pockets, one on the front and one on the back with a domed snap for quick closure. The front pocket features a hidden zippered pocket that can be lined with RFID fabric, helping to keep your passports and personal information safe. The back pocket has a dual feature of being a full pocket or has the ability to unzip giving you a trolley sleeve for easy transportation while pulling other luggage. Along with the front and back pockets, there is also an exterior zippered pocket which gives you easy access to cell phones or sunglasses. The shoulder straps have a 10” drop, and the wide crossbody strap is adjustable, and can be removed.
The interior has two large vinyl or leather trimmed zipper pockets on the side, large enough to hold a small tablet, two elastic pockets on the end for shoes or water bottles, and your keys will be secured with the key fob, near the opening.
This bag is lightweight with multiple design capabilities, from carry-on, to weekender, to beach bag, or even a diaper bag. Whatever way you choose to make your bag, you will find the possibilities are endless.
• 1 yard of vinyl or fabric (canvas, decorator fabric, and heavier weight is suitable based on 54” wide)
• ½ yard of vinyl for straps, facing, zipper placket, and zipper overlays
• 2 yards lining fabric – 44” wide fabric.
• 4 yards of 20” fusible medium weight woven interfacing, or 2 yards of 44” wide
• 4 yards of 20” fusible medium weight woven interfacing, or 2 yards of 44” wide (optional for exterior fabric)
• 1 piece of RFID fabric 11” W x 14”H (optional)
• Kraftex/Bontex–2 pieces 1½”W x 4”L, 4 pieces 1½”W x 3”L, plus small scraps.
• Decovil light - ¼ yard (based on 36” wide)
• Decovil heavy - 1 piece 5½” W x 17½” L
• # 5 nylon zippers - 1 @ 10”(teeth length), 1 @ 7”(teeth length), 1 @ 12”, 1 @ 24” *
• # 3 nylon zippers – 2 @ 11”(teeth length) *
• 20 Chicago screws (you will need to make sure you have both ¼” as well as ⅜”available, as thickness may vary when layering vinyl)
• Optional choice instead of Chicago screws are 20 - 9.2mm-11mm double capped rivets (make sure you have a variety of post lengths as thickness will vary)
• 6 - 1” D-rings
• Front bag label – optional
• 2 – 1¼” swivel hooks (crossbody strap)
• 1 - 1¼” slider (crossbody strap)
• 1 – ½” swivel hook (key fob)
• 1 zipper end
• 2 - line 20 domed snaps (available at Tandy Leather)
• ¼” elastic – 12”
• 4 rivets for crossbody strap connectionght with multiple design capabilities, from carry-on, to weekender, to beach bag, or even a diaper bag. Whatever way you choose to make your bag, you will find the possibilities are endless.
The instructions for this pattern are written for vinyl/fabric, with an addendum at the end for a leather option. This pattern uses and lists vinyl for the straps, facing, zipper placket, and zipper overlays, so if you choose to use another product, please adjust accordingly.
The skill level is listed as intermediate.
I cannot accept returns or make refunds on this products because of its digital nature.