FREDDY 3 IN 1 HOBO/BACKPACK BAG
PLEASE NOTE: Since this pattern is a digital download, once an order has been placed, it cannot be refunded.
Freddy 3 in 1 hobo bag PDF sewing pattern
This is a pdf sewing pattern for the fabulous "Freddy 3 in 1" hobo bag. The pdf includes all instructions and pattern pieces featuring over 250 pictures, and 64 pages of detailed instructions. The pattern is written for vinyl or leather. There are also over 3 hours of full video tutorials to help you achieve the perfect bag.
The instructions in this pattern are written for vinyl or leather.
You can choose to use fabric or cork in the construction for this bag; fabric will need to be thicker like denim or canvas, and if you choose a thinner fabric, then choose whatever stabilizers you are comfortable with as this information is not listed in the pattern. If you choose cork then it will need to be soft and not stiff.
The skill level is listed as INTERMEDIATE.
14 W x 10½” H x 3” D
The Freddy 3 in 1 hobo bag is the perfect balance between the timeless hobo bag and a stylish backpack. One quick slide of the strap and this hobo bag converts from a crossbody bag to a functional and perfect sized backpack. Slide the side straps and you get a great shoulder strap option…….creating the 3 in 1! With the center tab on the strap, there is no fussing to find center when converting from bag to backpack, and no worries of your contents spilling out when you go back to a bag, as the tab keeps the bag from turning upside down. Also included are instructions to create a stunning braided or plain shoulder strap for that elegant look.
This bag is a soft-sided hobo bag that features a back exterior zippered pocket, softly curved side panels, and a top securing zipper. The interior is simple yet functional and has a zippered pocket on the back wall with a corset ring hook to secure your keys, and a 3 sectioned slip pocket on the front wall. The beauty of this bag is the conversion from bag to a backpack in one quick and easy step. You can add a custom braided or plain shoulder strap to add elegance to complete the look. This bag is classic and timeless with options for all.
- 7 sq. ft. For the body
- 7” x 52” piece of leather for crossbody strap, side straps, and strap holders
- OPTIONAL - braided strap 6” x 27” piece of leather, or 4” x 20” for the plain strap.
- ¾ yard for the body
- 6” x 52” piece of vinyl for crossbody strap, side straps, and strap holders
- OPTIONAL - braided strap 6” x 27” piece of vinyl, or 4” x 20” for the plain strap.
Interior fabric, interfacings, hardware and other
- .80 yard lining fabric - 44” wide fabric.
- 1½ yards of 20” medium weight fusible interfacing
- Foam or Heavy Stabilizer - 1 piece 3” x 12” (interior base)
- Decovil Light - ¼ yard (based on 36” wide) OR 5” x 54” piece of Cordura® fabric
- # 5 nylon/metal zipper - 1 @ 7” finished size OR 9” of zipper tape with a matching zipper pull for the back exterior zippered pocket
- # 5 nylon/metal zipper - 1 @ 16” finished or 16” of zipper tape with a matching zipper pull for the top exterior
- # 3 nylon zipper - 1 @ 7” finished size OR 9”- zipper tape and matching zipper pull for the interior zippered pocket
- 7 - 9.2mm double capped rivets (make sure you have a variety of post lengths available especially the longest ones (12.7mm/15mm) as thickness will vary)
- 2 - 9.2mm double capped rivets (optional braided or plain shoulder strap)
- 4 - 1” oval or square rectangle rings
- 2 - 1” sliders (you may require a largemouth slider depending on the thickness of your straps)
- 2 - 1” swivel hooks (optional braided or plain shoulder strap)
- 2 - 1” D-rings (optional braided or plain shoulder strap)
- Metal zipper end
- 2 corset D-rings with matching rivets (optional)
- ½” swivel hook with a jump ring (for securing closure on zipper pull) (optional)
- 1 - 9.2mm double capped rivets (optional strap tab)