SWEET JULIET HANDBAG - pdf sewing pattern
This listing is for 1 PDF pattern to make the SWEET JULIET HANDBAG. This pdf pattern includes full instructions, as well as full pattern pieces. This pattern is designed as an intermediate sewing level. There are also over 2.5 hours of full video tutorials to help you achieve the perfect Handbag. There is also a bonus video on how to make a more simplified version with a detailed shoulder strap and limited hardware.
Finished measurements: 12½” W x 10½” H x 4” D
The Sweet Juliet is a soft but stable structured bag that has the slouchiness of a hobo style while staying upright to access your belongings. The exterior zippered pockets on either side of the bag are the perfect spot for your cell phone or keys. The decorative side overlays are not only a stunning detail but also serve as your adjustable buckle strap connectors. The shoulder straps have the perfect drop of 10” and will gently fall to the side when not in use. The top closing zipper keeps all your items secure, but also allows you to have full access to the interior of your bag. The interior of this bag features a full center zipper pouch, a small zippered pocket as well as a trimmed slip pocket with a pen slot. This Sweet Juliet is not only functional but classy and stylish as well.
The instructions in this pattern are written for leather, vinyl, and cork. Fabric can be substituted on the main body if proper stabilizers are used.
• MAIN BODY ONLY - 3.5 square ft.
• CONTRAST BASE/FACING/OVERLAYS AND STRAPS - 5 square ft.
• All the same colour with no contrast - 9 square ft.
NOTE: You will need to make sure that your leather is at least 36” in length for the crossbody strap.
VINYL/CORK EXTERIOR (50” wide)
• MAIN BODY ONLY - 14” x 36”
• CONTRAST BASE/FACING/OVERLAYS AND STRAPS - 14” x 50”
• All the same colour with no contrast - ¾ yd
A FABRIC EXTERIOR can be used with the stabilizer of your choice, but the overlays and straps need to be made with leather, vinyl, or cork as they are cut using raw edges and require edge painting.
INTERIOR FABRIC/INTERFACINGS AND STABILIZERS
• 1½ yard of 44” wide cotton fabric OR 1 yard of 54” wide decorator fabric
• 2¼ yards of 22” wide fusible medium weight interfacing OR 1 yard of 44”
• Decovil Light - ¼ yard of 35” wide
• 1 piece of Peltex™ - 4” x 12½” (stabilizer for the base)
• 1 piece of bag stiffener - 5” x 3”
• 3 - 1” center bar buckles (2 for sides and 1 for crossbody strap)
• 4 - 1” oval/rectangle rings (shoulder strap tabs)
• 2 - 1” D-rings (crossbody strap)
• 3 - #5 metal or nylon zipper tape with pulls - 1 @15”, 2 @ 8” (top and exterior side zippers)
• 2 - #3 nylon zipper with pull - 1 @10” and 1 @ 8” (interior center pouch and zipper pocket)
• 2 - 1” swivel hooks (crossbody strap)
• 1 - zipper end
• 15 - 9.2 mm double capped rivets *a variety of post lengths are required including 2 -12-15mm lengths