PRINCESS EVENING CLUTCH - pdf sewing pattern in English
PLEASE NOTE: Since this pattern is a digital download, once an order has been placed, it cannot be refunded.
This listing is for 1 PDF pattern to make the PRINCESS EVENING CLUTCH. This pdf pattern includes full instructions, full pattern pieces as well as over 2 hours of full video tutorials to help you achieve the perfect Bag and is in ENGLISH ONLY.
The instructions in this pattern are written for leather and vinyl, but fabric can be used.
The skill level is listed as: CONFIDENT BEGINNER
Finished measurements: 11” W x 7” H x ½” D
PLEASE NOTE: V-Frame - 6⅜” (the pattern is designed for the Style B frame from Emmaline Hardware)
The Princess Evening Clutch is a timeless evening bag that is as essential in your wardrobe as that little black dress. The quilting detail and the decorative studs on the Flap give this bag that high end look. The metal V-frame adds structure and design creating that classic envelope style. On the interior of this clutch you will find plenty of room for items like your cell phone, a small wallet and lipstick. Also included is a zippered pocket for those smaller items that you like to keep secure. The clutch has a magnetic closure and a removable chain so you can go from a shoulder bag to a hand clutch as needed.
A perfect clutch with a classic style for every occasion!!!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE V-FRAME
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PATTERN IS WRITTEN TO ACCOMMODATE THE STYLE B 6⅜” V-FRAME FROM EMMALINE HARDWARE. IF YOU ARE USING ANOTHER SUPPLIERS V-FRAME, IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THAT NOT ALL SUPPLIERS CARRY THE SAME ANGLE ON THEIR FRAMES, AND NOT ALL V-FRAMES MAY BE SUITABLE OR WORK FOR THIS PATTERN.
FULL EXTERIOR - 3 sq.ft.
Suggested leather to use is 2 - 2.5 oz. of soft and pliable lambskin or garment weight leather.
FULL EXTERIOR - ⅜ of a yard of 54” wide vinyl OR 1 piece that measures 25”W x 16”H
INTERIOR FABRIC/INTERFACINGS AND STABILIZERS
• ¼ yard lining fabric - 44” wide fabric
• ¼ yard of 40” fusible interfacing (example SF101)
• Kraftex - 1 piece - 12” x 7” with the grain lines running across the 12”
• Annie’s Soft and Stable™ Foam - 1 piece 12” x 18”
• 1” x 1” scrap of Decovil Light or bag stiffener for stabilizer on the upper magnetic snap
½” x 10” of Decovil Light
• # 3 nylon zipper - 1 @ 7” finished size OR 9”- zipper tape and matching zipper pull for the interior zippered pocket - NOTE: Do not replace this with a #5 nylon zipper!
• 1 - V-Frame - 6⅜” (the pattern is designed for the Style B frame from Emmaline Hardware)
• 2 - Corset Rings with rivets (required for adding the crossbody chain) (optional if adding a chain to your clutch)
• 5 - 6mm or 7mm 4 prong studs (you can also use decorative rivets, but they will need to be offset from the stitching)
• 1 - 18mm Magnetic Snap
• 1 - 44” Single link purse chain with swivel hooks attached (available through Emmaline Hardware)
TOOLS AND NOTIONS
• Bonded nylon thread Tex 70 #69 OR bonded polyester
• Wonder clips
• Chalk marker/silver pen (Tandy™ leather)/disappearing pen
• Regular pen or pencil
• Rotary cutter & ruler
• Fabric glue (most brands will do that state “use for fabric”) (I use Rowley Fringe Adhesive)
• ⅛” DST (double-sided tape) (I use leather tape from Cleaners Supply)
• ⅛” rivet hole punch and rivet setter for the corset rings
• Poly roller tool
• Poly rubber mallet (optional)
• Teflon foot/walking foot
• Sewing machine
• #14 or #16 leather or round tip needle
• 4”- 5” doll needle
• Anvil (optional)
• Scotch Tape