PLEASE NOTE: Since this pattern is a digital download, once an order has been placed, it cannot be cancelled.
CLASSIC ZIP AROUND WALLET - PDF PATTERN
This Classic wallet is the long-awaited accordion style full zip around wallet that has been perfected by me over the years to help everyone master the construction of the perfect zipper installation. No need for the use of a center block or that awkward stitching of the zipper on the curve. My methods make it easy to get the perfect zipper. This wallet is also a great way to use up some of those small pieces of fabric, vinyl or leather.
This wallet features a semi-structured exterior that is suitable for cotton decorator fabrics, lightweight vinyl, and leathers. The features of this wallet include: 12 credit card slot pockets, 2 bill pockets, 2 open pocket areas for receipts as well as a full depth center zippered pouch. This wallet has a high-end designer look with professional finishing touches. This wallet will hold a cell phone ONLY when the interior zipper pocket is empty, and not full of coins.
Finished measurements - 8½” W x 4¼” H x 1” D
The instructions in this pattern are written for fabric, vinyl, and leathers. Each section will cover any extra instructions pertaining to the medium that you may be using.
All Video Links Are Included in The Pattern.
- 12” x 12” piece of decorator fabric/soft thin vinyl
- 1 square foot of light weight leather (.7 oz. - like garment leather or lamb). If you have a bell skiver to thin the edges then you can choose thicker leather like 3 oz.
Interior fabric, stabilizers, hardware and other
- ⅝ yard of quilting fabric - 44” wide
- 10” Kraft Tex – based on 19” width
- Foam - 1 piece 10” x 9” (⅛ thick is preferred)
- Decovil light (½ yard based on 36” wide) or Fusible Buckram (available from Maggy55)
- #5 metal zipper tape - 1 @ 22”
- #5 metal zipper pull - 1
- #3 nylon zipper - 1 @ 7”finished size
- Bonded nylon thread #69 OR bonded polyester, regular polyester can be used on fabric.
- Wonder clips
- Chalk marker/silver pen (Tandy leather)/disappearing pen
- Regular pen or pencil
- Rotary cutter & ruler, and self healing mat
- Fabric glue (most brands will do that state “use for fabric”)(water based is best)
- ¼” and ½” DST (double sided tape)
- Poly/rubber mallet (optional)
- Teflon foot, zipper foot, and edge foot (optional)
- Sewing machine
- Elmer’s spray adhesive for vinyl and fabric
- Shipping Tape
- Tandy EcoWeld for leather
- Small pair of needle nose pliers
- 4” darning needle
The skill level is listed as INTERMEDIATE