AMBER CROSSBODY BAG - pdf sewing pattern in Engish
PLEASE NOTE: Since this pattern is a digital download, once an order has been placed, it cannot be refunded.
This listing is for 1 PDF pattern to make the AMBER CROSSBODY BAG. This pdf pattern includes full instructions, full pattern pieces as well as over 3 hours of full video tutorials to help you achieve the perfect Bag and is in ENGLISH ONLY.
This pattern is designed as an INTERMEDIATE sewing level.
Finished measurements: 10½” W (at the base) x 9½” H x 3” D
The Amber Crossbody is a lightweight bag that features a front vertical zipper pocket that holds your cell phone, keys, or anything you need quick access to. There is also a second zipper pocket on the back for more items to be secured. This bag has a soft feel with an attractive clean front design. There is a flat base which gives the bag more depth providing ample room in the interior and the stylish hidden magnet is strong enough to keep your bag closed. The interior is simple yet functional and has a zippered pocket on the back wall and a 2 sectioned slip pocket on the front wall. The slight A-line angle gives this bag a stylish design. The unique Strap Tabs feature 6 rivets per side and a detailed strap that can go from a crossbody length to shoulder strap length with the simple adjustment of the Button Studs.
FULL EXTERIOR INCLUDING CROSSBODY STRAPS - 8 sq. ft. OR a piece of leather 38” X 30”
FRONT AND LOWER BACK ONLY - 3 sq. ft. OR a piece 24” x 15”
BASE, UPPER BACK, FACINGS, STRAP TABS, AND CROSSBODY STRAP - 4.5 sq. ft. OR a piece
18” x 35”
FULL EXTERIOR INCLUDING CROSSBODY STRAPS - ½ yard of 54” wide vinyl
FRONT AND LOWER BACK ONLY - a piece 24” x 15”
BASE, UPPER BACK, FACINGS, STRAP TABS, AND CROSSBODY STRAP - a piece 18” x 35”
INTERIOR FABRIC/INTERFACINGS AND STABILIZERS
- ¾ yard lining fabric - 44” wide fabric
- 1¾ yards of 20” medium weight fusible interfacing
- Decovil Light - 1 strip - 1” x 35”, 1 strip - 1” x 14”, 2 pieces - 3” x 6”, 1 piece - 2 ¾” x 10 ¼”, and 5 strips - ⅜” x 7”
- # 5 metal/nylon zipper tape - 1 @ 7½”, 1 @ 8½”, both with matching zipper pulls
- # 3 nylon zipper - 1 @ 7” finished size OR 9”- zipper tape and matching zipper pull for the interior zippered pocket
- 17 - 8mm or 9.2mm double capped rivets (make sure you have a variety of post lengths available)
- 3 - 1” O-rings
- 2 - 6/7mm Sam Browne/Button studs
- 20mm hidden magnetic snap (preferably from the Buckleguy) OR a regular magnetic snap
- Hanging Tassel Cap (optional)
HIDDEN MAGNET INFORMATION
I am using Buckleguy’s 20mm hidden magnets for this bag. These magnets have a gold cap on one piece and a silver cap on the other. Depending on the magnets you are using yours may not have these caps. You will need to make sure that your magnets are very strong and hold your bag together. Test your magnets with 2 pieces of Exterior between them to see if they grab well, if they don’t you will need to get ones that do.